Financial Lessons Learned at Finance Park
JA FINANCE PARK VIRTUAL
JA Finance Park Virtual introduces students to personal financial planning and career exploration. At the culmination of this teacher-led program, students participate in our online JA Finance Park Virtual Simulation to put into practice what they’ve learned by developing and committing to a personal budget in a virtual community.
JA Finance Park Virtual helps students build a foundation upon which they can make intelligent financial decisions that last a lifetime, including decisions related to income, expenses, savings, and credit. The program comprises several teacher-led, in-class lessons and a variety of optional, extension activities. Options are available to use either the entry-level or advanced curriculum, based on grade level and students’ prior knowledge. The experience culminates in a hands-on, online budgeting simulation that is supported by volunteers. The JA Finance Park Virtual simulation has been fully redeveloped, with a brand-new experience that offers two implementation options: Entry Level (geared toward middle school) and Advanced Level (geared toward high school).
JA FINANCE PARK VIRTUAL – ENTRY LEVEL
- Be introduced to the concept of “adulting,” laying the groundwork for their future.
- Create a monthly budget based on a randomly assigned life persona.
JA FINANCE PARK VIRTUAL – ADVANCED LEVEL
- Choose their own “adult adventure” by selecting their persona based on career and education choices.
- Deep dive into financial consequences of life choices and decisions impacting long-term goals.
- Navigate financial decisions through various life stages and budget beyond one month.
- Determine how career choice affects future finances and lifestyle.
- Summarize the purpose of taxes and how they affect finances over time.
- Analyze how saving impacts financial well-being and security.
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of investing.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of different payment methods over time.
- Construct a budget to address long-term financial goals using hypothetical life situations.
- Clarify how debt affects financial success.